Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Updated Pictures

Jaisalmer in the morning hours...now imagine those cows roaming with motorcycles, auto rickshaws, cars, pedestrians, bicycles, etc. It's madness I assure you.
View of Jaisalmer Fort at dawn from the rooftop of our safari outfitter.
Crazy Jodhpur shopping district. (I fear for my life everytime I walk out onto the road. If I thought crossing the Bolgatanga road was tough, I was sincerely mistaken.)
Jaisalmer Fort at dawn. (sorry that's not very clear.)
Our camels waiting to take us through the desert

City abandoned 400 years ago by the population because of a dispute with the majistrate.
More ruins from the old city...you can see people have started to take the sandstone for their own homes.
Ken, Top and myself in front of a centuries old cemetary outside Jaisalmer.
The city part of Jaisalmer very early in the morning before the hustle of the day begins.
Overlooking the Golden City of Jaisalmer.

Melinda on her camel with our guide "in training." At just 11 years old he is starting to learn the tourist industry and no longer attends school. The money he makes is too much to pass up the opportunity for his family.
Yeah for Sand Dunes...Top, Melinda, and Margaret.
A better view of the Great Thar Desert.
We're working from Jaipur, but haven't had much time for sightseeing, so I don't have any pictures from here. I know it's hard to believe that we're actually trying to get some work done. I have managed to squeeze in a few shopping adventures though!

3 Comments:

At 1/25/2007 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're working hard and playing hard, too!

Enjoy!

Uncle P.J.

 
At 1/25/2007 5:46 PM, Blogger J said...

Did you roll down a sand dune? Because after those pictures, I totally want to -- that's just how I roll, baby.

Jeni

 
At 1/26/2007 1:44 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

tee hee hee. . .no rolling down sand dunes for me. Although I might as well for how dirty and smelly I felt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home